Wednesday, November 05, 2008

post-election back to all about meme

I can't remember where I found this one, but I thought it would be fun.

My uncle once: woke up blind. Turns out it was a stress-related disorder and he regained his sight slowly over a week or so. Scary stuff.

Never in my life: have a cried as much as in the first 3 months of my colicky newborn daughter's life.

When I was five: my Mum bet me I couldn't pee off the back of a truck like my brothers (with no dribbling), and she lost the bet.

High school was: where I met my husband.

I will never forget: sitting in the school bus in a small rural town waiting for my (then) best friend to finish playing tennis on a Friday afternoon, sweating in the heat, listening to the radio, and hearing President de Klerk announce that he was un-banning the ANC and releasing Nelson Mandela. 2 February 1990.

Once I met: Emma Thompson, she is stunningly gorgeous and doesn't have nearly the toff accent she has in most of her film roles.

There’s this girl I know: who makes me laugh and laugh and laugh....

Once at a bar: I kissed a girl (no, not that one) and I liked it.

By noon, I’m usually: feeling coherent. Usually, not always.

Last night: I went to bed hoping like hell Obama would be elected. (Yay!)

If I only had: all the time in the world.

Next time I go to church: it'll be for a wedding or a funeral. I hope the former.

What worries me most: is the baggage retrieval system they have at Heathrow.

You’ll know I’m lying when: I say nothing.

What I miss most about the 80’s is: being a child.

If I were a character in Shakespeare, I’d be:the one in the tights.

A better name for me would be: Lil' Miss Optimistic.

I have a hard time understanding: people with no sense of humour.

If I ever go back to school: I wouldn't do a thing differently.

You know I like you if: I tease you.

Take my advice, never: ignore your gut instinct.

My ideal breakfast is: pancakes, bacon, maple syrup & a latte.

If you visit my hometown, I suggest you: brace yourself to encounter racism. Still.

Why won’t people: stop being stupid? Duh.

The world could do without: fast food. It's over-rated.

I’d rather lick the belly of a cockroach than: the belly of a toad.

My favorite blondes are: my daughter, myself and Marilyn Monroe.

If I do anything well, it’s: manage difficult people.

And, by the way: everything looks better after a good night's sleep.

1 comment:

julochka said...

my favorite is your biggest worry...but heathrow in general worries me. :-)

i'm home and catching up, can you tell? :-)