Friday, July 03, 2009

(s)felt

Svelte she is not. My latest little creation. But she's stolen my heart, and I think she's quite exceptionally beautiful. As any parent would.

I've been wanting to felt for ages, but never actually did anything about it, and so was thrilled when my Mum's best friend, a Waldorf Craft teacher, suggested a little felting tea party the other day.


I didn't have very high expectations for myself, being the first time I'd felt anyone up (gnh gnh gnh), but I got into it so fast ('cos it's actually that easy), and I'm so pleased with my little fiery-haired lady. No. 33.

7 comments:

Michel said...

That IS cute. I usually end up starting to make one thing, then by the time I am done - I claim I was totally making something else because it in no way resembles what I was planning to make. So kudos to you!!!

Anonymous said...

very charming.

rxBambi said...

adorable! Are you going to teach us how?

Sarah Anne said...

That's really cute.

Rosemildo Sales Furtado said...

Hello! Congratulations to you, because you have a beautiful blog. If you put a translator, will be much easier for everyone to understand and comment on texts.

Abraços,

Furtado.

Liz Fulcher, The Fragrant Muse said...

I've never seen anything felted that I actually like until this. Now this little gal I could enjoy looking at up on a shelf.

When is the tutorial?

spudballoo said...

Oh this is delightful, I so so so wish I was clever at all this crafty and arty. Gorgeous.