2. 3 weeks with my babies, my home, my pets, my life. Delicious.
3. Little bits of work in the mornings, then kids, plans, outdoors, friends, food. Slow time.
4. We're reading The BFG.
5. I'm reading Jane Austen.
6. After too many Netflix cartoons I declared a week of pure David Attenborough. They're loving it.
7. I'm watching House of Cards in front of the heater every evening.
8. It's fucking cold.
9. Those microwaveable beanbag goodies are our life-savers.
10. The girls take them to bed, and I reheat them much later when I go to bed.
11. Moments like that I really win at parenting.
12. I wish I was collaging but it's too damn cold in my studio in the evenings.
13. North-facing. It's the only way to build a home.
|no filter, no tidying - and no indication at all from this pic how cold it is outside|
15. However, awesome jeans are pretty enticing too ... I've recently discovered some.
16. I may need another pair.
17. I've done one small home improvement every day this holiday.
|the girls room - spruced, sorted out and spotless. for now.|
18. I'm exceedingly proud of this.
19. Things had really been allowed to slide around here ...
20. One evening recently husband and I did seven small DIY jobs. Seven.
21. I'd post a pic of my linen cupboard but really, there are limits - even to arbness.
29. And they're becoming better friends. Lego is still the chew-toy, but she hands him his ass on the lawn every afternoon, running him down 'til he knows who's boss.
30. We're enjoying watching their relationship develop, and his with each of us - there is an uncanny 'little brother' presence he's brought to our house. The errant youngest son we're all raising together.
31. Have I mentioned we're having a wonderful holiday?
32. We planned to try and see lots of friends we struggle to find time for during the crazy school weeks, and we have.
33. Lots of lovely mums and kids time: affirming, warm, supportive, fond afternoons with dear friends.
34. We've got this track on repeat. I think it's our holiday anthem!
35. A 10 foot trampoline has possibly become my best parenting buy EVER. They're on it for hours, and have learnt many lessons about sharing, negotiation, aerodynamics and acrobatics.
36. We're on the hunt for a new mattress. Most Boring Purchase Ever. But long overdue.
37. Apparently futon's went out in the '90's.
38. Hard-as-a-plank futon and all, we've been spending a lot of time in bed lately. Cats, books, bean bags, laptop, tea, bed. Winter has its perks.
39. Coca Cola Double Fudge Cake. Diabolical.
40. I'm working on my next collage pieces and thrumming with inspiration. Now to actually STICK SOMETHING.
41. I've found a Cape Town supplier for Mod Podge. No one but deprived locals will understand the significance of this.
42. Husband and I have discovered our musical tastes are growing apart. I'm okay with this. As long as I don't have to listen to any more Gogol Bordello.
43. Bleeding eardrums.
44. Have I mentioned it's beautiful here?
45.On Saturday I'm attending an all day Learn to Ride motorbiking course.
46. I have 6 months to get my licence before my Learner's expires and I'm determined to do it.
47. On Saturday night we've a raucous party planned.
48. It's very convenient when good friends with more energy for these things have birthdays in the same week as ones husband - we're getting good at piggy-back partying.
49. There's that cake. And the last immediate family birthday for the year. They do come thick and fast round here.
50. Life is good.