Friday, May 20, 2022

what I've been up to lately

Pretty much everything Lyndsay Rush lists here...


 ... her IG handle is @maryoliversdrunkcousin and she's the best thing on there right now.

I honestly couldn't love this list more. I'd get it tattooed down my forearm to read every day (if my friend Janine hadn't wisely declared NO WORDS as rule no. 1 for tattooing). 
Just making a fool of myself.

Instead I have it stuck up at my desk.
Making it happen.

It's my 47th birthday today and I have Covid. Well, my youngest tested positive on Tuesday and I've not been feeling very well so I'm going with I have it too.
Making a big deal.

47 weirdly feels quite seriously grown up! Not just as in the year sounding grown up, but I actually feel it a bit. It's hard to describe but I feel... capable of making big decisions. Is that the definition of a grown up?
Making it up as I go.

We've booked a weekend away, a cabin in the mountains with just us 4 and the dogs. I booked it months ago and I couldn't be more grateful, now that we're isolating and unable to see anyone else anyway.
...making a break for it.

The last few months have been fairly two steps forward, one step back. I should know by now that when I do a big optimistic beginning of the year post the universe is gonna have something to say about that.
Making a mess of things.

After my triumphant return to CrossFit I managed to slip a disc (old-fashioned term but a good description none-the-less) HANGING UP LAUNDRY. Way to feel like an old lady...
Booked off CrossFit for a long while, lots and lots of physio, lots of lame-ass walking for exercise.
Making a face.


But I did take advantage of the downtime to get a new tattoo. A paper airplane looping off my ankle surgery scar to show lightness and agility after that long time of infirmity. 
The irony of getting it now when I am once again somewhat infirm is not lost on me.
I've actually gotten really good at making a mountain out of a molehill.


Lots and lots of lame ass walking. Lame in comparison to rowing like a beast and busting out burpees and lifting huge weights that is. I've nothing against walking itself, I quite like it. And I do have some magnificent places to walk around here.
Making the best of things.


And after the walking, the resting. For a long while flat on my back was the only really comfortable way to be so there was quite a lot of that. Much to the joy of this floof.
Making my bed every morning.


We got away on a week long mini-break! It was delicious and affirming and super fun, it deserves it's own post. But it also allowed me to add a nice big thigh bruise to my list of ailments, after getting kicked by a cute but savage miniature horse.
I've really been trying to prioritize making a scene.


A beautiful autumnal visit to one of my favourite places with some of my favourite people.
Making it count.


And lots and lots and lots of lovely, rewarding, exhausting, hilarious parenting of these two prides and joy.
Making tiny, beautiful things I'll be proud to leave behind.


Let the birthday weekend begin!
Making my own luck.

2 comments:

DB Stewart said...

Happy birthday, and to hell with covid. Clever tattoos, happy kids, lame-ass walking, and lots of inspiration ftw.

Molly said...

Thank you! x