Monday, May 26, 2014

from pinterest, to me, via some very clever friends

You know, it's totally worth pinning things you love to Pinterest. Because, in keeping with the whole vision board philosophy, sometimes if you pin them, they will come.

Pinned: 11 weeks ago
Arrived: last Thursday
Knitted by my lovely cousin in England and sent, unstuffed, in time for my birthday last week. At present he's called Grumpy George and he's not impressed with the bird poop on my window.

Pinned: 1 year ago
Given to me on Saturday
Crocheted by a very dear friend.
(Apparently her daughter made her add the side arm because it looked too phallic. I'm not sure she solved that problem or um, enhanced, it.)

It's been a beautiful handmade birthday this year, with lots of gorgeous things crafted by the giver or a local maker. Lucky me!

2 comments:

Veronica Roth said...

Ha! I love grumpy George. I have a grumpy frog called Fred sitting at my computer insisting I get work done. Sometimes he get terribly tiresome and I have to face him to the wall.

Molly said...

Funny! My youngest daughter turfed George off the bed last night because he was 'looking at her funny' ;-)