Wednesday, May 13, 2015

25 things about right now.

1. These 25 things lists are really the best way to clear the blogging log-jam. Sometimes weeks of half completed drafts clog the system, becoming irrelevant or stale, causing a blog doldrum. A nice fat post of bits 'n piece is the way to get it all flowing again.
2. This analogy suddenly strikes me as rather gross.
3. Moving swiftly along ... we've been sick. Again. Still. I can't even keep track.


4. But I think we're finally all better and for the second day running everyone is at school or work! It's a miracle!
5. In between all that somewhere we went camping!



And found a little bit of summer. 
6 - 11. About camping:
  • Some members of our party left town at 07:20 in order to maximise their weekend away.
  • Their departure group text woke us up. We are not those people.
  • We're more about the journey you know? So had a lovely slow drive up there, stopping for lunch and sight-seeing ...
  • ... and arriving just in time to have our children whipped away for a walk down to the river, giving us an hour of quiet bliss to pitch camp and drink wine. Win.
  • The highlights package: Frieda - paddling up river and building a fort on a deserted beach with a bunch of kids she'd never met before. Stella - doing an epic mountain walk with her Dad involving rope climbs and lost waterfalls. Me - tubing down rapids! Through some thorn bushes! Husband - wowing fellow campers by producing kerrie vetkoek (from scratch!) round the campfire.
  • We laughed a lot.
12. And then we came back and were sick some more.


13. While we're on Stella, can we talk about 5? I've just remembered that 5 is the most magical age. And with this little star who gave me so much hell for a couple of years, it is proving to be particularly delicious. I find myself panicking a bit at the thought that I've only got 10 months left of having a 5 year old. Ever!

Stop! In the name of Schnauzer-Panda-Hoodie-HandmadeBow-Pink-Sneaker-Love!

14. I suspect however that any emotional hysteria of late must be blamed entirely on the fact that I TURN 40 IN 7 DAYS TIME!
15. Seriously, I knew I should have done this last year.
16. Should I also chalk it up to a mid-life crisis that I think this outfit is really cool, and kinda want to wear it every day?


17. Okay, not so much the shorts over leggings thing, and I can't wear recreational camo anymore (because war [see? 40. emotional]), but I really love those boots and I've already bought the sweater!
18. If channeling a stylish 20 yr old black guy isn't some form of weird turning-40-white-lady-shizz then I don't know what is really ...
19. On the subject of living vicariously ... have I mentioned my Instagram habit? Yeah, I'm a late adopter (because old), but I'm rapidly making up for lost time.
20 & 21. Two things I love about Instagram: pictures + words are so much more interesting than just words (are you reading this Twitter?) and, I like the boys. There are really cool, interesting men on IG expressing themselves visually and like, sharing man. It's a beautiful thing.
22. The hardest part about Insta is not just posting pics of my dogs all the time. Because dammit my dogs are cute.

#bullterriers
#lovedogs
#omfgthecutest

23. Here's something I did post on Instagram recently, a perfectly wrapped gift for a friend. I do love me some good gift-wrapping. And it seems I've shared the gene.

On the right: my gift to a friend. On the left: Frieda's Mother's Day gift to me.
My legacy is complete.

24. And finally, AWEtumn has not disappointed.


25. Every year I seem to forget, and every year it is the most wonderful surprise to remember, that this is in fact my favourite season.


There. That feels better.

4 comments:

Blogoratti said...

Really enjoyed this and the photos are great!

Molly said...

Thanks Blogoratti - great name!

DB Stewart said...

The 40s are the best.

Molly said...

Good to know! T-36 hours to go!