Wednesday, May 27, 2015

hurry up and wait

This work that I do, coordinating logistics, has a boringly predictable and repetitive order of events. It goes something like this:

Get brief.
Pick brief apart and request more detail.
Wait.
Get some detail.
Wait.
Get more detail.
Wait.
Initial detail changes.
Silence.
Flurry of non-related, non-urgent detail to be filed to use later.
Finally, get most relevant (now bordering on urgent) detail.
Work work work work work work on detail.
Send epic missive to client including: multiple options, quotes, recommendations, risk assessments, comparative analysis, more quotes, spreadsheets, schedules and response requirements.
Wait.
Wait.
Wait.
Bake Coconut Cupcakes.


Wait.
Post annoying braggy blog posts (see previous).
Wait.

Refine details for my ladies lunch this weekend. I think this sums it up nicely ...


And then suddenly - BAM - Client wakes up to OMFG it's all happening! And we barrel head first in to the madness.

But for now, I'm still waiting. As you can probably tell. I'm sure there's something I should be doing ...

1 comment:

Blogoratti said...

Must be fun, even with all the craziness!