Monday, October 06, 2008

sprung?

It seems, only 36 days late, that spring may finally have sprung!

Today was a glorious 28+ degrees, still, clear and so very, very welcome... It brings to my mind this funny little poem my Mum always used to recite to us:

Spring has sprung,

The grass is riz,

I wonder where dem birdies is?

They say the bird is on the wing,

But that's absurd, the wing is on the bird.

I've been trying to trace the source of it, Wikipedia Answers have credited Ogden Nash, WH Auden and Spike Milligan (personally I suspect Spike), but seem to conclude that the author is indeed unknown.

However, today was definitely a day for this:

And some of this:

And some more of this with your mates, and some rogue guinea fowl:

We love Kirstenbosch Gardens and plan to spend a lot of time there this summer!

No comments: