Sunday, February 21, 2010

habit* blogging

*as in emulating the awesome contributors to the habit blog and posting a random (or not so random) picture and one simple thought.


~ I intend to tackle one room every day this week. Sorting, clearing, cleaning. I'm kinda hoping to go into labour before I get to the study ~
___________________________________________________________________________________

Photo is of my brother and sister-in-law's gorgeous kitty, basking on the wooden floors of their new house before they had them sanded and repaired last week.

I feel a little creepy using it for the following reason - where they lived before they had a strange neighbour who fell deeply in love with their cat and would entreat her into her flat on a daily basis while my brother and his wife were at work.
She was a pretty weird lady all round and forced my SIL into one of those awkward situations where she tried to befriend her on facebook and my SIL couldn't really refuse 'cos she saw her everyday on the stairs etc etc so she became 'friends' with her and then realised the depth of her neighbour's obsession with her kitty - posting photos she'd taken of the cat in her flat and eventually changing her profile pic to one of the cat asleep on her bed. The neighbour cried - yup, real tears - when my brother told her they were moving.
True story.

And proof that I probably won't be able to stick to this one photo and one simple thought thing.

4 comments:

MissBuckle said...

Never mind the thoughts, scatterbrains :-) That pic is fantastic.

rxBambi said...

Oh I totally agree! What a fabulous picture! At first I was thinking I'd like it better cropped a little more, but no, I like it exactly how it is. Great eye!

AnnaB said...

Even better than the pic is the writing :) You're good. Great material and a mention, my favourite post yet ;-)

Stephanie Meade Gresham said...

simple is overrated.