Saturday, January 05, 2013

5 things

marveling ~ in awe as our black cat inks so silently down the stairs, how does she do that?

smelling ~ (in my memory, my mind's nose?) over-ripe summer fruit as we whipped past the (empty) fruit stall on the motorbike just after dark yesterday

seeing ~ with love, how my man's brow has unfurrowed after two weeks of summer holidays

feeling ~  apprehensive about both girls starting new schools soon, yet knowing they handle these things so much better than I

hearing ~  their giggles as they get their bedtime story upstairs, the grebes still clucking on the lake, the rhythmic sloosh of a boat passing, the last few hours of this special holiday time ticking, very slowly, by.


2 comments:

krista said...

your five things sound pretty magical.

Sultan said...

My cats just magically appear sometimes, seemingly from nowhere.