Tuesday, May 19, 2009

aerial patchwork

Back from a fabulous few days in Joburg. My second favourite South African city. Not that there's a whole lot to choose from or anything...

Lots to tell, lots to think and blog about, head feeling a little full and crazy. All in a good way. Raas kop leef.

But I did love these.

Shots of farmlands from the plane.

Wouldn't you love a patchwork quilt in these colours and patterns? 

Did you know those circular irrigation thingiemajigs are a South African design? We rock.

7 comments:

Just Jules said...

I love a girl who knows why the patterns are circular! go girl!

Extranjera said...

Circular irrigation patterns, Kreepy Krauly, Alan Patton, Mandela (Nelson, not Winnie)...

Going pretty well.

Mari Mansourian said...

neat pix, hope the trip was fun, was wondering why you weren't bloggin...

Alexandra said...

I love this! It is so good to know that I am not the only grown-up who takes photographs out of the window of a plane.

clairedulalune said...

Molly, love the pictures! I am scared of flying, but I have to have a window seat for the views and then I am calm,I love it, the closest thing to.. er.. flying I guess! Until we start to desend, and all hell breaks loose!

julochka said...

yes please, i'd like a quilt in that pattern. made with skinny la minx petroglyph-inspired fabrics. :-) can you just send me a setcom? ;-)

welcome back! we missed you!

p.s. are you sure those aren't crop circles?

julochka said...

and alexandra (since i talk to other people in the comment sections on blogs now--it's new while you were gone), you're definitely not the only one. have you ever taken pictures out the bathroom of the plane? that's fun. b/c it's not easy to find planes with windows in their bathroom, but it IS possible. :-) and gives a great angle on the wing/engines.