Friday, May 08, 2009

arboa

arboa ~ the mantle of arbness I've worn around my neck this week

And I couldn't even say why. It's not like I've not been having a nice time. I've had some lovely times with Frieda, two very nice evenings with friends. I've had some productive work time, and cooked and eaten some yummy meals.

I even got new olive-green velour sweatpants to glamorously arb around in. You'd think that would make me happy ...

But then, I'm not unhappy. Just arb.

Is it too soon for SAD? 'Cos I might just have a touch of that.

Hmmmmm.

Ok, here we go - a little pick-me-up challenge. I will now search Google Images with the word 'arb' and post the first pic that comes up. Uno momento, por favor.

Oops, that didn't work. Turns out there's a brand of 4x4 accessories called ARB. The first 4 pages is full of it. (Seriously? ARB?)

Let's try 'arbness' (yes, okay purists, its probably not a real world but just play along). 

Oh. My.God. Get THIS: there's only 25 picture references for the "word" 'arbness'. 9 (yup, nine) of them link to my blog.

Am I wildly re-energised by the notoriety? Or feeling even more arb?

Think I better change into those sweatpants and think on it.

Rocking Friday night over here, can't you tell?

13 comments:

Vancouver's Enviro Girl said...

Ummm, Molly? What the heck is arbness? Can I use it in a sentence? Or do I eat it?

Extranjera said...

SA terms galore. I've always assumed that it has something to do with arbitrary? But it could also just be the sound the bored cat - Snowball II - on Simpsons makes.
I think it's awesome though that you have arb notoriety. You are in the pj mafia after all.

Seaside Girl said...

Delicious word. I shall be trying to drop it in conversation tonight. Now slip on those sweatpants and you go girl.

Molly said...

Lol.
EVERYTHING to do with arbitary. VeG, it's like 'ennui' , but too arbitary to 'lead to violent depression' (thank you Wikipedia). more likely to lead to the couch and some crap TV.

Molly said...

arbitRary!
arbitRary!

Vancouver's Enviro Girl said...

Um, OK, I LIVE arbness. Why I aspire to be a hermit. Though probably could never quite be as perfect at it as Extranjera.

julochka said...

I totally got (long ago) that it was connected to arbitrary. do I win?

xoxox,
/j

Pattern and Perspective said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Pattern and Perspective said...

I wish life was based on whims, not reason and principles. Wouldn't want to break the law, but wish I had magic powers I could do as I wish (and not what others want).

abracadabra!

Just Jules said...

Is it even more sad of a Friday night that I am reading about someone slipping into SAD? let the good times roll! I remember when....sigh

The Fragrant Muse said...

Molly,

This is was I found at dictionary.com. I swear.

arb: –noun
an arbitrager

Molly said...

I'm an arbitrager! Love that! Thanks FM x

Magpie said...

To arb or not to arb, that is the question.